Introduction to Transfusion Medicine
April 28, 2022 LIVE 1 hour interactive webinar; then ANYTIME 1 hour on-demand course available after May 28, 2022 | Medical RACE-approved CE
Dr. Adam Lancaster is a Board Certified Critical Care Specialist with BluePearl Veterinary Partners and is also a member of BluePearl's national Clinician Talent Acquisition team. He received his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine, and he holds a Bachelor of Arts in Biology with a biomedical emphasis from the University of Northern Iowa. He was a Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care Resident at Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts. He is a Continuing Education speaker and lecturer, and he authored an article on sleep aid toxicosis in dogs for the Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- To review Blood donor selection and testing
- To review what blood products are available and how to use them
- To review pre-transfusion testing
- To review how to administer a blood transfusion
- To review potential adverse reactions associated with blood transfusions